Responsive Design with Bootstrap
This workshop is available for presentation at conferences or to public or private groups. It's currently available in a 3-hour half-day, 6-hour full-day, or 90 minute format. Contact Jen to schedule this workshop for your group.
About This Workshop
- Downloading Bootstrap and incorporating it into an HTML document
- Working with the Bootstrap responsive grid system
- Exploring Bootstrap’s core CSS, overriding this CSS using standard CSS techniques
- Incorporating Bootstrap’s image formatting elements and icons
- Creating and styling fully responsive interactive menus with Bootstrap, including dropdown menus
- Incorporating jQuery plugins with Bootstrap, including thumbnails, modal windows, and tabs
- Full day workshop: Customizing Bootstrap using LESS
We will be building a simple 5 page website about fruit. While I'll be showing you some customization options, this site models Bootstrap's behavior and styling right out of the box.
You are welcome to attend the workshop and watch without coding. However, to actively participate in this workshop, you will need:
- For the full-day workshop, also download Prepros and install this on your computer. This is a LESS/Sass CSS compiler which is compatible with Mac and PC. The free version is all you need for this course.
For the half-day workshop, we will not have time to compile LESS and modify these files. I will show you the LESS files and how they fit together, though.
- Finally, you'll need the correct set of files for the workshop. Please download these and bring them to class: